Dolores Cannon developed QHHT ® or Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique over a 45 plus year career as a hypnotherapist. She wrote over 17 fascinating books with material from her sessions.
Dolores never knew what might unfold during a session. She was an avid researcher and history buff with an active curiosity, the prospect of traveling through time with her clients was very inviting and she wrote books with information from her sessions that range from Biblical past life remembrances to UFO and ET experiences to deciphering Nostradamus’ quatrains and on through and beyond this universe in her Convoluted Universe series of books.
Two interviews with Dolores Cannon. In the second interview she talks about her start in hypnosis.
Dolores Cannon - Past Life Regression | About
Dolores Cannon's career as a hypnotherapist specializing in past life regression spanned almost 50 years and had taken her on an incredible journey along countless fascinating destinations. As the range of topics her work covers and sheer volume of original material she had produced places her in a category of her own, this section has been provided to give you insight into each stage of her career and how it has progressed over the years. Read about her early days in hypnotherapy when she first discovered reincarnation, learn how she developed and refined her own unique method of hypnosis known as Quantum Healing Hypnosis Technique (QHHT), discover all the captivating areas of research she had explored on her path.
- Part 1: Early Life and Pre-Hypnosis
- Dolores Cannon was born in St. Louis, Missouri, USA in 1931 where she lived and grew up with her family until completing her academic studies in 1947. She married her husband Johnny in 1951, a career US Naval man with whom she spent the next 21 years traveling all over the world to accommodate his various overseas assignments. She raised her family as a typical navy wife throughout the 1950s and 1960s until 1968 when several major events ultimately changed the course of her life forever.
- Part 2: First Exposure to Reincarnation
- In the 1960s, Dolores and Johnny were using simple hypnosis for habits (stop smoking, lose weight, etc.). Dolores was first introduced to reincarnation in 1968 when she and her husband were asked by one of the doctors at the naval base he was stationed at in Texas to help one of his patients using hypnosis. The woman suffered from Nervous Eating disorder, was extremely obese, had high blood pressure and suffered from kidney problems. The doctor thought it would be extremely beneficial if hypnosis could be used to help the woman simply relax.
Midway through the session, the woman unexpectedly began describing scenes from a past life where she was a flapper, living in Chicago in the roaring 1920s. Dolores and Johnny watched as the woman literally transformed into a different personality with different vocal patterns and body mannerisms. Despite being highly strange and completely inexplicable, they decided to go with the flow of the session and see what they could find out by exploring. Over the next several months, Dolores and Johnny regressed the woman through five different and distinct lifetimes back to when she was created by God. The entire story of this event is told in the first book Dolores ever wrote, Five Lives Remembered (2009).
These sessions took place at a time when past life regression was a nearly unheard of concept. There was no New Age movement yet, Metaphysics was still decades away and there were simply no books, instructions to guide or resources she could use for a case like this. This, however, proved to be a blessing in disguise as it prompted Dolores and Johnny to write their own set of rules, develop their own technique without oversight from an established medical body and meant that they were not limited or confined in their approach in any way. As a result of not having anyone to tell her what to do, how to do it or what was or was not possible, they experimented with insatiable intrigue and enthusiasm.
Later that same year, Johnny was almost killed by a drunk driver in a horrendous automobile accident on his way to the Naval Base. As a result of his injuries and being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life as a partial amputee, Dolores and Johnny decided to relocate to the hills of Arkansas where they thought they would be able to afford living on a military pension with their four children. During this time, Dolores'' explorations in hypnosis and reincarnation took a back seat as she was completely focused on her husband and raising her children.
- Part 3: Practicing Hypnosis Full Time
- Once her children had grown and left home to start their own lives, Dolores decided to begin consistently practicing hypnosis again with clients in the late 1970''s. Although she lived in a small country town with a very small population, she was able to successfully attract a diverse range of clients due to her desire to take on any case, regardless of the circumstances.
Her early work was heavily focused on reincarnation, which got her acquainted and comfortable with the concept of time travel. Many of her early clients described scenes from past lives where they had lived in past decades, past centuries and even past millennia in a variety of social settings in different locations all over the Earth. She would then spend weeks researching the characteristics of life in the locations and time periods her clients had described living in to verify the authenticity of the results she was recording. Dolores would ensure the food they ate, the clothing they wore, the language they spoke, the money they used, the job(s) they described, the social norms they abided by, the entertainment they enjoyed/participated in, the religious philosophies they believed in and the geographic scenery they described were all typical of what life would have been like in "that" particular time. It was through this vigorous verification process that Dolores ensured the authenticity of her results.
Her early understandings of reincarnation seem rather simplistic compared to how far her work has evolved. However, in looking back at where she started and how she received the information, Dolores realized "they" were starting slowly to lay the foundation upon which she would understand, communicate and explain far more challenging and complex ideas and concepts she would be receiving in the future.
- Part 4: "The Subconscious" And Quantum Healing Hypnosis
- Having conducted sessions with thousands of clients, recording the same results time and time again and spending vast amounts of time and energy verifying the authenticity of her clients'' past lives, Dolores was able to decisively conclude that her results were indeed genuine and that she had tapped into an incredibly powerful source of information. As she explored further, she gradually became aware that the information she was receiving about past lives, different periods in time and a variety of other topics were not actually coming from the conscious minds of the clients she was hypnotizing.
Just as developing her technique of hypnosis came slowly and with great patience, so too did the answers to these questions. After many years of practice and investigation, Dolores eventually realized that the memories of past lives and the additional information she was receiving through clients was being supplied by a much larger, more powerful and more knowledgeable portion of her clients'' selves, which their conscious minds were completely unaware existed.
She decided to label it The Subconscious as it was a part of every person''s mind that absolutely exists, but lays just below the level of our conscious minds, observing. When contacted and communicated with, there is simply no question it cannot answer about an individual''s current life, or about any of their past lives. After developing and refining her technique over many years, replacing time-consuming and tedious induction methods with an approach that involves the use of voice, imagery and visualization, Dolores established her technique of Quantum Healing Hypnosis. This technique enables direct contact and communication with the Subconscious of any individual for answers to any questions and can also provide the basis for instant healing.
- Part 5: Jesus And The Essenes
- Due to the sparse but slowly growing interest in reincarnation in the 1970s and early 1980s as well as the unwillingness of established book publishers to embrace this emerging field, it took Dolores more than 9 years to get her first book published after almost a decade of research, writing and patience. She set up her own publishing company, Ozark Mountain Publishing, in 1992 which now publishes more than 50 authors on 4 continents. Dolores'' books have been translated into more than twenty languages.
As her understanding of reincarnation developed and her ability to take on more challenging concepts expanded, Dolores came across a female client who was an exceptional hypnosis subject. Dolores was able to take her back though 25 separate life times by jumping backwards in time in 100-year increments. Each personality the woman displayed in each life was distinctly different to the others and it was a truly remarkable way for Dolores to explore history and life in different time periods. She wrote two books based on the work with this client. The first book was A Soul Remembers Hiroshima (1993), which reports the life of a man who describes his experiences as a Japanese man in Hiroshima in 1945 when the atomic bomb was dropped on the city in World War II. This shocking account of the dropping of an atomic bomb from the perspective of a person who was there provides a chilling lesson into the horrific effects of war and nuclear weapons. The second book was Jesus and the Essenes (1992), which describe the life of a young man who was an Essene teacher of Jesus. Many truths about Jesus himself, his personality, his background, his life and the times he lives in are revealed in this fascinating account of a teacher who describes her personal relationship with Jesus in loving detail. Dolores also published They Walked With Jesus (1994) as a follow up to this book, which describes the past lives of two women who accompanied Jesus throughout different periods of his life, giving tremendous insight and detail into who he was as a person, his feelings towards those he met, his visits to homes and leper colonies, his healing methods, his political dealings and his crucifixion.
- Part 6: Dolores'' Abilities Expand
- Throughout the evolution of her career, a recurring theme is for Dolores to reach a "comfort zone" in understanding regarding a particular area. Then a new concept may be introduced to her by The Subconscious which often completely challenges her belief system and forces her to expand her way of thinking. An example of such an occurrence was when the Subconscious put forth the idea that time does not really exist as man identifies it. Every moment is NOW. The Past, Present and Future only exist in the NOW. We have been trained to view time as a linear progression of events based on the rotation of the Earth around the Sun. Using this rationale, we would have a completely different concept of time if we lived on another planet. What "time" would we use if we were traveling through space without orbiting the Sun Time is simply the perspective we adopt. This concept was first introduced in the Keepers of the Garden (1993), a book which explains the extra-terrestrial origins of mankind and describes a group called "The Council," who have been with humanity from the very beginning. In the book, it is explained how mankind is the only species in history to invent a way of measuring something that does not exist. The expansion in thinking came with the acceptance that all things, events and lives exist simultaneously in the NOW. These concepts are elaborated on in significantly more depth in later books, particularly in the Convoluted Universe series. It has been stated by The Subconscious that mankind will never truly reach the stars until we release our deeply ingrained concept of time and recognize the universal reality that everything exists in the NOW.
Another example of having to expand her belief system was when her interests directed her to investigate what happens in between one life and another. The findings of this quest were published in Between Death and Life (1993) and eloquently describe what happens at the point of death, where we go after a life, how we look back on and analyze our lives once they are complete and what the purpose of a life was.
- Part 7: Nostradamus Contacts Dolores
- In the early 1980''s, Dolores came across a fascinating case where she regressed a woman who began describing a life where she was a student of French prophet Michel De Nostradame, more commonly known as Nostradamus. Nostradamus is famous for writing prophesies proclaiming events of great destruction and devastation throughout history. Indeed, his abilities were incredible, as he predicted the assassination of JFK, the attack of the "flying birds in the city of hollow mountains" (referring to the September 11th attacks) and the ensuing war in the Middle East, to name a few. Midway through the session as the woman was describing the life, her personality suddenly subsided and Nostradamus himself began speaking through her directly to Dolores. He told her that he wanted her to write a book (which turned out to be 3 books) to provide humanity with greater understanding and clarification of the true meanings of his quatrains (prophecies).
Building on what was discussed in the previous section about the concept of time, it is important to note that one of the fascinating features of Dolores'' dialogue with Nostradamus was that he spoke with her directly from his time as he lived in the 16th century. It was not his spirit communicating from the spirit side, but rather, Nostradamus himself communicating as he was living his life in France with Dolores as she lived her life in Arkansas. Nostradamus explained to Dolores that he would never lose contact with her and that he would come through to deliver messages regardless of who her clients were.
He describes that as a result of the Inquisition, he was forced to disguise his messages so that they were not destroyed and they could be deciphered later in time. As a result of how the French language has evolved, modern-day interpreters have contributed to misrepresenting many of their true meanings. Nostradamus'' intention was to correct these misinterpretations by dictating the true meanings of his visions to Dolores to publish for the world. He wished to warn us so that we understood we are the ones creating our future and that it was our choice to simply take a different path, thus averting the worst scenarios he foresaw. One of his most powerful and chilling messages was, "If I tell you the worst things that your minds are capable of creating, would you do anything to change it?" Nostradamus speaks in great details how our minds work to create the reality we experience. In recognizing this, it is easy to understand how the constant barrage by global media outlets with negative information regarding politics, education, finance, religion, war, disease, drugs, crime and the environment keep many people focused on (thus creating and experiencing) these scenarios in their lives.
After several years of working with Nostradamus dictating the true, intended meanings of his messages; Dolores published 3 books in a series entitled Conversations With Nostradamus, detailing the precise meanings of 1000 quatrains and predictions directly from the prophet himself. Prophesies discussed include the creation of supercomputers, the rise of the internet, erratic weather patterns, Earth changes and the effects these changes will have on major countries and cities, war in the Middle East, world governments, politics, 2012, simultaneous time, the Anti-Christ, nuclear weapons, AIDS originating in monkeys and its deliberate spread by world governments, the British monarchy, the state of the world subsequent to The Shift. The Shift itself, the break-up of the Soviet Union into various independent states, the Pope, hidden information of great importance to mankind buried somewhere in the desert in The Middle East, the Columbia Space Shuttle disaster and visitations by Extra-Terrestrials races. Please visit the books section and read more about what you can expect to find in each individual volume of this series.
- Part 8: UFO''s, Extra-Terrestrials and Life On Other Planets
- Throughout the mid to late 1980s, Dolores work slowly began taking her in a completely new direction of exploration. She was introduced to the area of UFO and ET investigation in 1985 when she attended her first annual meeting for MUFON (Mutual UFO Network), one of the largest and most respected investigative UFO organizations in the world. One year later, Dolores'' interests took her to the United Kingdom where she conducted on-site studies of suspected UFO landings and investigated numerous crop circles found in the English countryside. In 1987, at one of the annual MUFON meetings, she was asked to conduct a session with a woman who felt she was having abduction experiences but lacked the ability to remember anything in detail. Up until this point, Dolores'' hypnosis technique automatically propelled her subjects backwards into a past life. She had to modify her approach to keep her from going into a past life to concentrate on current events. As a result of the interest in this woman and Dolores herself, over 30 observers were allowed to attend the session, which was far from a conducive environment for an "experiment." Amazingly, both the diversion from her usual approach and the highly unusual environment the session was held in worked very effectively and produced some amazing results.
Dolores learned that some people have had experiences with ET''s from early childhood and that often multi-generational relationships exist between Earth family lineages and ET races. The little greys have in fact been created as a type of biological robot by another race far more advanced than humanity. This explains why so many people report the little greys to be extremely cold, almost removed of any emotional expression. The races that created them are the much taller greys with very slim torsos, skinny limbs and large, black eyes. Throughout her adventure into ET and UFO exploration, Dolores came into contact with numerous ET entities that come through her subjects to deliver information and understanding. There truly is a wealth of life out there in the universe existing in all shapes, forms and sizes.
Her book The Custodians (1998) signified a groundbreaking publication for Dolores after more than 20 years regressing clients with ET and UFO experiences. We learn that almost all so called abduction cases are actually mutual agreements made prior to incarnating for the purpose of helping one another. Just as we experience amnesia about who we are and where we are from prior to incarnating on Earth, so too do we experience amnesia regarding the contracts and agreements we made with others before coming here. The problem existing today is that the majority of humanity''s perspective on extra-terrestrials has been shaped and manipulated by mainstream media, religious belief systems and scientific dogmas. How few people are truly able to approach this area with an objective, unbiased stance. In recognizing this, it is understandable that so many people approach this subject with fear, dismissal or complete denial. The Custodians helps bridge the lack of understanding between:
(a) Identifying that mysterious events and experiences are indeed happening to millions of people on every continent on the planet.
(b) Having those events and experiences dismissed, denied and ridiculed by the scientific, governmental and religious institutions so many people depend on for answers.
Other books which were published as a result of Dolores'' explorations into the fields of UFO activity and Extra-Terrestrials include Legacy From The Stars (1996), which explores the vastness of our individual beings and our off planet origins, and the Legend Of Starcrash (1994), which describes a life where a woman is regressed back to a time when a spaceship crashed in the Alaska/Canada region thousands of years ago. It is the story of the origin of the Indian races in America.
- Part 9: The Convoluted Universe
After more than 30 years of investigation and writing about concepts ranging from life and death, reincarnation, the origins of humanity, UFOs and extra-terrestrials, the prophesies of Nostradamus and a wide variety of other topics, Dolores began to realize that the information she was receiving was becoming too broad and diverse to categorize into one, or even several, specific areas. As she has had to adapt to change her entire career, she decided to publish her new work in a series entitled The Convoluted Universe. Dolores has currently published 4 volumes and states that these books are for those people who want their minds bent like a pretzel. Please visit the Books section to learn more about what you can expect to find in each volume.Topics covered include the power of the human mind, what consciousness really is, the power of our thoughts and intentions, parallel universes, alternative realities, lost civilizations, ancient history, Earth mysteries (such as the Bermuda Triangle, Stonehenge and the Loch Ness Monster), details the experiences of people who were regressed to lives on other planets, beings who are made entirely of energy, how reality is merely a holograph, how we are fragments of multifaceted souls, lives in non-human bodies (as plants, animals and insects), how much help is being given to the Earth and humanity as we move through this period of transformation and maturity. How many people who live on Earth now are Volunteer Souls who have incarnated on Earth at this time to help raise the vibration of the planet and its inhabitants.
- Part 10: The 3 Waves of Volunteers
Throughout her career, Dolores identified a pattern in many of the clients she saw over the years. While many people reported past lives in all types of situations, societies and cultures on Earth throughout many different time periods, certain individuals who came to see Dolores described that the life they were currently living was the first and only life they have ever had on Earth. When asked where they were from, they simply say the "Source" and they express deep sadness they are here and how much they miss "home." Further sessions with such individuals revealed that first time incarnates have actually volunteered to come to Earth at this specific time with the intention of helping humanity raise its vibration in the process of ascension. Some volunteers have never lived in a physical body before, others have lived as space beings in extra-terrestrial civilizations on other planets and others have come from other dimensions. As a result of the amnesia we all experience before entering the Earth dimension, they remember neither their assignment nor their origin. Thus, these beautiful souls have an extremely difficult time adjusting to our chaotic world and have a vital role to play as they help all of the rest of us create a New Earth.
In The Three Waves of Volunteers and the New Earth (2011), Dolores describes the call that went out for volunteers to help the Earth as a result of the atomic bombs that were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. The first wave of volunteers that came were the "way showers" and certainly had the most challenging time as they plowed the route those who came after would follow. The second wave act as antennas of energy, their job is to simply exist and affect those around them. Third wave volunteers, many of the children with incredible talents, abilities and memories, are literally the gift to the world. They possess the knowledge and wisdom that will help humanity complete the transition and overcome the many obstacles that lie ahead.
Follow Marilyn on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bodysoulapothecary/